Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Fast Fun Facts...

in case anyone has wondered...

# of states I have traveled since August 2005: 8

States I have traveled: Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Utah

Major cities I have visited: San Antonio, El Paso, Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Seattle, Reno, Las Vegas

interstate (and states) I have traveled on:
I-10: Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California
I-5: California, Oregon, Washington
I-15: California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah
I-8: California, Arizona
I-80: California, Nevada
I-17: Arizona
I-40: Arizona
I-70: Utah

National Parks/Monuments/Recreation Areas/Historic Sites/Preserves visited:

--Sequoia/Kings Canyon NP (2 times) (CA)
--Yosemite NP (4times) (CA)
--Lassen Volcanic NP (CA)
--Crater Lake NP (OR)
--Lava Beds NM (2 times) (CA)
--Santa Monica NRA (CA)
--Golden Gate NRA (CA)
--Cabrillo NM (CA)
--John Muir NHS (CA)
--Mojave NPr (CA)
--Joshua Tree NP (CA)
--Casa Grande Ruins NM (AZ)
--Grand Canyon NP (AZ)
--Petrified Forest NP (AZ)
--Zion NP (UT)
--Bryce Canyon NP (UT)
...and hopefully a few more to come!! I have a 25 hour ride home so maybe that will break the monotony of the road!!!

Friends and/or family I have spent time with on the road:

Stantons/Cooks (Stanton's are cousins) in San Diego area for Thanksgiving (and the UT-a&m game...Hook 'em!)
Jerry Leonard (college buddy) Fresno and Bay area
Carol Loveless (LJ friend) in Phoenix
Paula White (Sarah's friend/my newest friend) in Vegas, baby!
Sarah Wells (my favorite girl/girlfriend/LJ friend) in Vegas, baby!!!

# of times I said I was going to teach myself the guitar: 6
# of times I have tried: 3
# of times I tried to strum a chord: approx. 45
# of times I got a chord right on: 2 (same chord)

Books I have read:

Cannery Row - John Steinbeck
How the Light Gets In - M. J. Hyland
For Men Only - Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn

Books I have read portions of:

Holy Bible
Searching for God Knows What - Donald Miller
Up To No Good: The Rascally Things Boys Do - Kitty Harmon; ed.
Travels with Charley: In Search of America - John Steinbeck

Sporting events I have attended:

ou @ UCLA - football @ Rose Bowl (ou sucks)
Texas @ Stanford - baseball @ Sunken Diamond
Houston Astros @ Arizona Diamondbacks

# of pictures taken: approx 1000

# of times pulled over by a Park Ranger: 1

# of times I had to stop...and then drive through the smoke engulfing the road...of a wildfire: 1


This is just a portion of all I have experienced on the West Coast. I'll update it if I think of some more...plus I need to get some sleep, as I have to be at my school at 7am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home