Thursday, April 06, 2006

Crater Lake



I went to
Crater Lake yesterday. It was on my way to Grants Pass, OR where I am tonight. It is the deepest lake in the United States and the 7th deepest in the world. On a clear day you could see the lake, but yesterday was not one of them. I was told it is a must see if you are in Oregon, and I did not make it last time I was near the area. The snowfall there averages around 42ft each winter. There are only 3 months of the year that the snow does not engulf the area. I tried to get to the top of a snow pile by the Crater Lake Lodge, but the clouds were too thick and I did not want to get too close to the top, because I did not know where I might end up. This is a place that is on my list of must see places before I die, and I would suggest that you too should place it on your list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home