Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Time on the Road...

It has been more than a month since I last posted on here, so for those that might read this to keep up with me on the road, I am sorry. My mind has been void of thoughts to put down on paper (or this blog). My time here on the West Coast is almost over now and I am about to return home in a little over a month from now. I have really enjoyed my nine months out here, but I am really ready to be home again close to family and friends.

My time here has made me realize what is important in my life:

1. God - I have had a relationship with God for most of my life, except for some time after college. But it was last year in White Rock, Arkansas (of all places) that I finally realized God's calling in my life. Some that have known me in the past would realize this is a huge change from what they knew me as, and I hope I have the chance to see them again and tell them of my calling and my desire for them to have that same personal relationship with God that I was able to find in the mountains of Arkansas. The great thing about the God I serve, is he is a forgiving God that always welcomes me back with arms of the loving Father that he is. I do not deserve this love, but I humbly accept it. I know that I am a sinner my nature, but I also know that God sent his son to die for my sins and by accepting him into my heart, that my sins are forgiven.

2. Family - My family has had it's problems like all do. I have done some things that I know have hurt them, mostly out of my own irresponsibility, and I am sorry for those mistakes. I am also very lucky to have a family that loves each other and that was raised in the church and that raised me and my brothers in the church as well. My parents and grandparents have been the ultimate Christian examples to me, even through all the trials we may have gone through. My time and love with them is something I would not trade for anything on this earth.

3. Friends - I have been fortunate to have many friends in my lifetime. I have some friends that I have been able to keep contact with after many years and some that I have found recently after many years of separation. I value friendship very much and am thankful for the friends that I have had and still have. The hardest part of this job I have had is not having that constant interaction with friends. I have had a few chances to meet up with friends while on the road, and they have been the best days out here, just catching up and hanging out, two things I love to do!

4. Church - There was a time for several years after college that I did not think the fellowship of church was too important, so I did not go. This only facilitated my falling-away from God and his love for me. Like I said earlier, I am lucky to have been raised in the church, and I feel even luckier to have been raised in the Lake Jackson Church of the Nazarene. A step more recently was when I stated to get involved with the youth group there. The church provides not only weekly times of being fed the Word of God, it is a support system of prayer and help. I am so happy to have gotten back into my home church and I am very thankful for all that the church family has done for me, and especially the relationships I have made there.

So, I have come full-circle to explain this post...

I want everyone that reads this to know I have been called into full-time youth ministry. I realized that call in the mountains of Arkansas. I love the fact that God can bring one of his children that has turned his back on him so many times before and bring him back into his arms. I love the teens at Lake Jackson Nazarene and I have a blast with them! I will be home next year (at least in the Houston area) so I will be able to have an awesome support group again and be able to minister to them and have them minister to me as well. I know that the call on my life will eventually lead me away from home again, but I am excited for the opportunity that God has placed on my heart. If you remember, please pray for me - that I will be a Christ-like witness to all that I come in contact with, if I know them or not, and that I will continue to do the Lord's will for my life and those around me.

I am writing this as a reminder and a piece of accountability, so I hope it will help serve as both. To those at home, see you soon...To my friends that are away, hope to see you as well! Thanks for your friendship and love, and I hope you know it is reciprocated back to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home